Communication from Cigna International concerning COVID19
Cigna announced today:
- the further extension of expanded coverage and,
- waiving cost share and deductibles for COVID19 in-network treatment.
« If not available locally free-of-charge as part of local government health systems, Cigna will cover in-network
- medically necessary testing for COVID-19 and,
- related doctor visits on an outpatient basis.
We are pleased to confirm we are extending this until 31st January 2021.
PCR testing and rapid antigen testing for Covid-19 are covered in line with the plan’s coverage for diagnostics for other illnesses and for:
- symptomatic individuals if medically necessary per WHO or national guidelines i.e. when experiencing symptoms such as a new cough, fever and change in smell or taste; or
- asymptomatic individuals who know, or suspect, that they have been exposed to an individual with a laboratory confirmed case of COVID-19; or
- asymptomatic individuals who are being admitted to hospital for any treatment, and Covid-19 testing is required as part of the hospital’s standard disease control and prevention admission process.
Cigna will not cover Covid-19 related diagnostics for:
- serology antibody testing,
- home testing kits,
- Over-the-Counter (OTC) tests,
- testing for population or public health screening including but not limited to, the following:
- determine prevalence of COVID-19 infection in the community or congregate setting,
- participation in sports,
- routine and/or executive physicals,
We will also continue to waive cost share and deductibles for all COVID19 in-network treatment:
- if you are diagnosed with COVID19,
- until 31st January 2021.
These continued measures underpin our dedication to protect you from unexpected costs. And to deliver access to quality healthcare.