Communication from Cigna International concerning COVID19
We are announcing today the further extension of expanded coverage and waiving cost share and deductibles for COVID19 in-network treatment.
If not available locally free-of-charge as part of local government health systems, Cigna will cover in-network, medically necessary testing for COVID-19 and related doctor visits on an outpatient basis. We are pleased to confirm we are extending this until 31st January 2021.
PCR testing and rapid antigen testing for Covid-19 are covered in line with the plan’s coverage for diagnostics for other illnesses and:
- for symptomatic individuals if medically necessary per WHO or national guidelines i.e. when experiencing symptoms such as a new cough, fever and change in smell or taste; or
- for asymptomatic individuals who know, or suspect, that they have been exposed to an individual with a laboratory confirmed case of COVID-19; or
- for asymptomatic individuals who are being admitted to hospital for any treatment, and Covid-19 testing is required as part of the hospital’s standard disease control and prevention admission process.
Cigna will not cover Covid-19 related diagnostics for:
- serology antibody testing
- home testing kits
- Over-the-Counter (OTC) tests
- testing for population or public health screening including but not limited to, the following:
- determine prevalence of COVID-19 infection in the community or congregate setting
- participation in sports
- routine and/or executive physicals
We will also continue to waive cost share and deductibles for all COVID19 in-network treatment if you are diagnosed with COVID19, until 31st January 2021.
These continued measures underpin our dedication to protect you from unexpected costs and to deliver access to quality healthcare.